Monday, May 11, 2009

New Job

Friday was my first day at my NEW JOB!!!! I love it.....well I guess we all love our jobs the first couple days lol

My job duties are:

answer the call bells from the patient's rooms
coordinate getting those needs meet (paging the nurse and alerting her to the patient's needs)
keying in all doctor's and nurses orders (ordering tests, labs, consults, xrays etc)
answering the nurse station phone (usually its family calling to check on the patients)

That is pretty much what I do. I work on the neurosurgical floor for a major hospital about 30 minutes away from my house. My shift is weekend graves.....yep I work Fri- Sun 7p-7a. I accepted this shift b/c Blake starts kindergarten and I want to be able to attend field trips and do room mom stuff.

I also love being apart of this team.....our nurses, docs, techs are all great. Sarcastic but loving- just like my family.

Wednesday I have to work 7a-7p for one more day of training on the floor ....then Friday I start my schedule.

Wish me luck!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats. I hope you continue to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are enjoying your new job. I am sure once you adjust to third shift you will love it even more since you will have all week to be with Blake. And no excuses on not posting blogs through the week either...hahaha

    ReplyDelete