Saturday, April 9, 2011

Update.....things aren't going so well

Last week we got the news that my grandma was dying. We knew she was very sick, she has horrible stomach issues (she has 1/3 of her stomach left due to ulcers) and weighs 75lbs. She lost 10lbs w/ in the last month or so. My mom and her siblings got her admitted to the hospital and a CT determined that my grandma has a non-repairable stomach problem and will not make it very long. I will save you all from the long story, there were a few options she could have choosen but non of the benefits out weighed the risks and she chose to let nature take its course and just wants to be kept comfortable. My gma and I are very close, she and my gpa (who passed 01/09) helped my raise my sister and I when my parents divorced. They were our second parents, sometimes our only parents. I've been spending as much time as I can taking care of my gma and just soaking up every single minute I can w/ her. Hospice is working w/ us and let me just say Hospice is AH-MAZING!!! Its looking like my gma has about a month left- give or take. Next on the list of not-so-great things, my sister is having a HARD time. Having her husband deployed to Iraq, living here w/ me and my boys, not having a permanent "life" is really taking its toll on her. She has always been a motivated/determined person who changed her situation if she wasn't happy in it. But she can not change any of the things going on right now. Lastly, we have my sweet lil guy Blake. His health was taking a turn for the better and not having to miss school etc. That ended tonight. My husband and I were just about to dismiss his complaints when we discovered he had at temp of 102.5. After that he threw up and was shaking. I really hope Blake's temp etc are a fluke because again, he needs to be well for school on Monday---- and of course the main thing is we want him HEALTHY!

No comments:

Post a Comment